I’m KaraTamir Mukerjee: VP Digital Strategy & Biz Dev Executions at Warner Music Group. Over the years, I’ve built expertise across Digital Marketing & Project Management, Spatial Audio Technology, Music Tech Innovation, Voice UI, Web & Software Development practices and much more… always within the music ecosystem.
My daily mission is to build awesome campaigns, experiences & partnerships for Big Bad record labels, indies, music tech startups, and artist / manager teams alike. I act as ambassador for the London-based music education charity Restore The Music UK.
I work with…
I have thoughts on music in the 21st century…
- Music Biz Association Common Ground Webinar 2021: The Arrival of Immersive Music and Expanded Possibilities – watch
- Billboard (From Mood Playlists to Metadata: How Smart Speakers Are the Next Frontier — And Challenge — For the Music Business) – read
- Music Ally Sandbox Summit 2018 – read
- Music Ally – Smart speakers’ impact on music – read
- The Industry Observer – read
- Restore The Music UK Battle of the Bands – watch
- Wired – read
- Sydney Morning Herald – read
- Design and architecture of the world’s first Amazon Alexa music skill Paloma’s Bedtime. Shortlisted for a 2019 Clio Award.
- Collaborating with Jean-Michel Jarre on game-changing live VR events with the world’s most advanced VR startup, The WaveXR. Read on Billboard.com.
- Laying the foundations of voice UI & metadata strategy across Sony Music UK & globally.
- Launching Global Radio & Universal Music UK’s classical streaming service, Composed. Watching our site traffic analytics boom in realtime whilst broadcasting live from Global Radio studios in Leicester Sqr.
- Managing EMI’s groundbreaking developer outreach initiative, OpenEMI.
- Presenting at & participating in numerous Music Hack Days around Europe – incl. presenting to 200+ developers in Stockholm in my PJs.
- Having the immense honour of working on digital campaigns for some of my personal favourites: Everything Everything, Royksopp, Arctic Monkeys, Hot Chip, The Chemical Brothers, LCD Soundsystem, Nick Cave, My Morning Jacket, Arcade Fire, Depeche Mode, Daft Punk, Andrew Bird, Paul Kelly, & more, more, more…