Digital / tech / web geek working across labels, music tech, and industry bodies.
Whiskey, dirty blues, distortion fuzz, menacing electro appreciator.
I’m a Digital Projects, Innovation & Digital Marketing Manager, Front-end web developer / designer based in London. My day job is to build awesome stuff at and for the world’s Biggest Baddest Music Labels, indies, and artist / manager teams alike.
When the sun sets, I’m available for freelance work and act as ambassador for London music education charity Restore The Music UK.
Before you ask: I will be calmer than cream is a lyric lifted from TV on the Radio’s Young Liars. It makes me all warm inside.
Sometimes people ask for my opinion on digital marketing & music tech:
- Billboard (From Mood Playlists to Metadata: How Smart Speakers Are the Next Frontier — And Challenge — For the Music Business) – read here
- Music Ally Sandbox Summit 2018 – read here
- Music Ally – Smart speakers’ impact on music – read here
- The Industry Observer – read here
- Restore The Music UK Battle of the Bands – watch here
- Wired – read here
- Sydney Morning Herald – read here
Some personal highlights of my fun career include:
- Running digital marketing and development for Paloma Faith’s first #1 album “The Architect” – including design and development of the world’s first Amazon Alexa skill “Paloma’s Bedtime“, in conjunction with Amazon’s Echo team.
- Collaborating with Jean-Michel Jarre on a series of upcoming incredible VR events with one of the world’s most advanced VR firms, The Wave VR. Read here.
- Laying the foundations of voice UI & metadata strategy across Sony Music UK & globally.
- Having the immense honour of working on digital campaigns for some of my personal favourite artists, including: Everything Everything, Royksopp, Arctic Monkeys, Hot Chip, The Chemical Brothers, LCD Soundsystem, Nick Cave, My Morning Jacket, Arcade Fire, Depeche Mode, Daft Punk, Andrew Bird, Papa Vs Pretty, Paul Kelly, & more more more…
- Launching the largest project of my career, Composed. Watching our traffic & analytics go mental in realtime whilst broadcasting live from the Global Radio studios.
- Managing EMI’s developer outreach initiative, OpenEMI. Presenting at & participating in numerous Music Hack Days around Europe – including presenting to 200+ developers in Stockholm whilst wearing my pajamas.
- Participating in DFA Records’ That’s Cool But Can You Make It More Shit retrospective art exhibition in Sydney, on LCD Soundsystem + Hot Chip’s co-headline world tour.
- Getting drenched on a dusk Sydney Harbour jet-boat ride with Damon Albarn & Gorillaz during their incredible Plastic Beach world tour.