I’m Kara Mukerjee: a Digital Projects, Innovation & Digital Marketing Manager. I’m also a Front-end Web Developer / Designer to boot.
My daily mission is to build awesome campaigns and experiences for the world’s Biggest Baddest record labels, indies, and artist / manager teams alike. I’m available for consulting work and act as ambassador for London music education charity Restore The Music UK.
I work with…
I have thoughts on 21st century music marketing…
- Billboard (From Mood Playlists to Metadata: How Smart Speakers Are the Next Frontier — And Challenge — For the Music Business) – read here
- Music Ally Sandbox Summit 2018 – read here
- Music Ally – Smart speakers’ impact on music – read here
- The Industry Observer – read here
- Restore The Music UK Battle of the Bands – watch here
- Wired – read here
- Sydney Morning Herald – read here
- Design and architecture of the world’s first Amazon Alexa music skill Paloma’s Bedtime. Shortlisted for a 2019 Clio Award.
- Digital marketing for Paloma Faith’s first ever #1 album.
- Collaborating with Jean-Michel Jarre on game-changing live VR events with the world’s most advanced VR startup, The WaveXR. Read on Billboard.com.
- Laying the foundations of voice UI & metadata strategy across Sony Music UK & globally.
- Launching Global Radio & Universal Music UK’s classical streaming service, Composed. Watching our site traffic analytics boom in realtime whilst broadcasting live from Global Radio studios in Leicester Sqr.
- Managing EMI’s groundbreaking developer outreach initiative, OpenEMI.
- Presenting at & participating in numerous Music Hack Days around Europe – incl. presenting to 200+ developers in Stockholm in my PJs.
- Having the immense honour of working on digital campaigns for some of my personal favourites: Everything Everything, Royksopp, Arctic Monkeys, Hot Chip, The Chemical Brothers, LCD Soundsystem, Nick Cave, My Morning Jacket, Arcade Fire, Depeche Mode, Daft Punk, Andrew Bird, Paul Kelly, & more, more, more…